Last Updated March 2, 2023
Secure Cloud Storage
To let our users access their documents from multiple devices (e.g. phone, tablet, web browser) and sign documents remotely with other users, JetSign stores documents using cloud-based file storage with AES-256 encryption at rest in a secure data center. The data center is located in the United States and operated by Amazon Web Services, Inc (AWS). Application data records relating to documents, signing audit trails, and users are also stored securely with encryption at rest in the US-based AWS data center. All documents and data records are encrypted during transit with SSL/TLS encryption.
How We Collect Your Information
User Provided Information
- User Registration: We ask new users to register an account with an email address, password, first name, and last name. You may enter this information directly or provide this information with JetSign by signing in through a trusted third-party such as Google or Facebook.
- Documents: You may import, upload, or drag and drop one or more files or images (“documents”) to be prepared for electronic signing. When you add documents to our service, we store a record of the document as a PDF file. If you upload a file in a format other than PDF (e.g. Word), then we will try to convert the file into PDF format, and store both the original file and the PDF version for signing purposes. As described above, documents are stored in secure cloud storage so you may access them from multiple devices and invite other users to sign remotely.
- Documents from Cloud Storage Providers: When adding documents in JetSign, you may choose to browse and import documents from third-party cloud storage providers including Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive. Only specific documents or folders (of up to 10 documents) that you select are added to JetSign. JetSign does not add or change any files in your third-party cloud storage provider. This feature is optional and while browsing documents, you can choose Log out to disconnect from your cloud storage provider.
- Guest User Documents: If you choose to use JetSign in “Guest Mode” without registering a user account with a valid email address, your documents will be retained for at least 30 days, after which they may be automatically removed.
- Signature Fields: When you sign a document, you may add your signature, initials, name, dates, or other text fields to various locations of your document. We store this information on your behalf and generate a signed version of your document when you complete the signing process.
- Audit Trail: We capture an audit trail of any changes when your document is signed or updated by yourself or another party, including the IP address of the user’s device. This is necessary to deliver a secure and trustworthy signing experience.
- Contacts: If using our remote signing feature, you may invite one or more contacts to sign your document by email. This function requires you to add a contact by entering their name, email address, and signing role. Alternatively, you may import an existing contact from iPhone, iPad, or Android device. When you add or import a contact, it will be kept for your use only so you may see whether they have signed your document and so you may invite these users to future signings.
- Signing Instructions: When preparing a document for signature by others, you may provide JetSign with a set of instructions to be shared with the user. Your instructions may be sent as part of the email invitation to your users and they may be displayed to the user when they open your document for signing through a web browser.
- Reviews: We encourage users to provide ratings, written reviews, and suggestions for a better experience.
- Account: You may set and change your preferences for various application settings (e.g. whether to be alerted of document changes by email). You may also choose one of our account plans and provide payment details through a trusted third-party such as Apple (The App Store), Google (Google Play), Paddle (our merchant of record for web-based customers) or Stripe, our secure payment processor for direct subscriptions. We retain records of your account profile and preferences.
Automatically Collected Information
- Analytics: To improve our software, we collect certain information automatically, including the type of mobile device or web browser you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of web browser you use, error logs (in the event of an application issue), and information about the way you use JetSign.
- No GPS: JetSign does not perform any GPS location tracking using your mobile device or web browser.
- Support: We maintain records of any customer service inquiries or interactions so we can troubleshoot issues appropriately and deliver a better overall experience.
- Marketing: We may operate a marketing newsletter and promotions to increase awareness about our e-signature technology and our services.
- Security: We collect some information (including the IP address of the user’s device) to protect your user account from unauthorized access and to support essential features such as “Reset Password”.
What We Do With Your Information
We manage and process your data in our role as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to provide you with the App and its contents;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill the purposes for which you provided it or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights in any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements;
- to notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to improve our App, products or services, or customer relationships and experiences;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Our goal is to deliver an easy and secure user experience for all users of our e-signature application, including our customer users and their signers or end-users. We respect your right to privacy and do not sell or rent your information to any third parties. However, we may share your information with third parties in the circumstances described below.
Managing Information With Third Parties
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by JetSign?
Yes. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted service providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and include:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) for secure cloud file storage and data center services (US-based)
- Heroku / Salesforce.com for managed server hosting, database, and security services using AWS (US-based)
- Sentry.io logging for crash reporting and error troubleshooting
- SendGrid for delivering application-related emails (e.g. for sending signed documents by email, invitations to sign online, forgot password emails, etc)
- Paddle, which securely processes and stores transactions as our merchant of record for web-based customers
- Stripe for processing direct payments for users of our web-based application, as we do not store or process any ecommerce payment details directly
- Apple (The App Store) for processing iOS customer subscriptions and user reviews
- Google (Google Play) for processing Android customer subscriptions and user reviews
- RevenueCat subscription software for managing customer subscriptions
- CloudConvert software for converting documents and images when necessary
- Customer helpdesk, chat, knowledge base, and support email software including Zendesk and Google Mail
- Analytics tools to track application usage and opportunities for improvement including Google Analytics, Firebase, Amplitude, and GrowthBook
- If JetSign is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding the use of your information in connection with this event.
What are my opt-out rights?
You may withdraw consent to the use and disclosure of personal information at any time, unless the personal information is necessary for us to fulfill our reasonable business or legal obligations. We will respect your decision, but we may not be able to provide you with certain products and services if we do not have the necessary personal information.
You can close your account and request that all information be removed by logging into the application, choosing Account (top right menu), and selecting “Remove Data”. You may opt out of email through the unsubscribe instructions in the footer of each email or by requesting opt-out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize or aggregate your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
For users accessing JetSign in “Guest Mode” without a registered email address, we will retain User Provided data to support ongoing access and downloads for at least 30 days, after which the User Provided data may be removed.
For users accessing JetSign with a “Free Trial” account with a registered email address, we will retain User Provided data to support ongoing access and downloads for at least 90 days, after which the User Provided data may be removed.
For all other registered users and customers, we will retain User Provided data for as long as you use JetSign and for a reasonable time thereafter.
When you remove one or all of your documents, or use the “Remove Data” feature, your document(s) will be removed from your account immediately and permanently deleted within 7 days.
If you’d like to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via JetSign, please choose the “Remove Documents” or "Delete Account" option at the bottom of the Account screen. Alternatively, you may contact us at email@example.com for information regarding the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and to be given access to that information and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for JetSign to function properly.
We do not use JetSign to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application and have agreed to keep that information confidential. Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
JetSign is a registered business name for GrowthClick Inc., a Canadian corporation. Our address is #250 - 5148 48th Avenue, Delta, BC, V4K 5B6, Canada.
If you have any inquiries or complaints regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, contact us by email at at help_@ jetsign.com or visit us at https://www.jetsign.com.